Roylin Downs, owner of Trystology - a lingerie and sensual products boutique, provides a safe space to empower women, and all individuals for that matter, to own their sexuality. Since 2009 Roylin has been normalizing the conversation around sex and providing a refreshing reminder that sex is a natural part of our lives! Her down to earth approach and matter-of-factness can make the most uncomfortable people comfortable! She says she has to get outside her comfort zone to provide this, as she’s a very private and discrete person with regards to intimacy and love, but when you have a mission to empower women to own their sexuality, you can’t keep it a secret!
My vision for the world is that woman will be able to understand, accept and own their bodies, and achieve orgasms and the pleasure they desire and deserve. It is also to provide a safe space free of vulgar packaging and demeaning images, for all to explore and understand their sexuality. I have to get outside my comfort zone to provide this, as I’m a very private and discrete person with regards to intimacy and love, but when you have a mission to empower women to own their sexuality, you can’t keep it a secret!
I provide private consultations and discussions in my brick and mortar storefront, and provide information on my blog, and through videos online and on my website. We also provide healthful toys for passionate play, whether it’s by yourself or with your partner(s).
What You need to know:
- 70-80% of women don’t have an orgasm during lovemaking, and that’s a statistic I’d like to change
- Men are like microwaves, women are like crockpots... we like to simmer. So we need to respect this basic premise and work from there... Can we turn women into microwaves? How can men work with crock pots?
- We like to meet each person where they are on the journey, and with couples, I like to go at the pace of the least comfortable person.
- Everyone comes to this conversation with different ideas... whether it be social, societal, religious or familial views, we need identify where we are on this journey and where we want to be.
- Not everyone needs or wants a vibrator... sometimes we might just want a massage oil or edible lube.
What We've Achieved
- Nominated Best Boutique every year we've been in business by AVN
- Featured as an Innovative Retailer in AVN Magazine
- Nominated as Best Boutique by XBIZ magazine 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Nominated Best Independent Retailer by StorErotica Magazine 2011 & 2012